I tailor guitar lessons to what each student needs. That means that you learn what you need to play the music that you want to play in the comfort of your own home.
My lessons suit players of all levels – beginner, intermediate, semi-professional, anyone wanting to improve their playing skills. All styles – folk, pop, rock, blues, soul, funk, jazz, electric or acoustic guitars, ages 9 – 99.
In the first lesson we’ll figure out what you want to achieve and together we’ll structure the future lessons to achieve your goals. In doing that, we’ll work on some of these wonderful things…
- Common chord progressions and song structures – great for budding songwriters!
- Dexterity and accuracy, rhythm and timing – improve your strumming and fingering
- Learn about chord families, voicings, barres chords, chord extensions, alterations, and substitutions
- Learn to read music and tablature, and write your own chord charts for new songs
- Ear training – listen better to make learning easier
- Scales, modes, and soloing techniques
- Improvisation – anyone can do it!
All lessons are 1 hour duration and are taught in English. I normally travel to you for the lessons and teach in the comfort of your own home or office. Alternatively, you can come to me on Wednesday or Thursday afternoons (Paris 15th arrondissement, near metro Charles Michels on line 10) and you’ll pay a little less too.
(Please note, I do not teach classical guitar, or children younger than 9 years of age).
Check out my 5-minute video lessons. You’ll get an idea of my teaching style and some hints and tips that I’ve given to my students over the years.
If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to contact me here. I’ll be more than happy to advise you.
Note that my guitar students also have the benefit of my Guitar Technician services at reduced rates! I can help you keep your guitars in top playing condition, sounding and feeling their best!